Welcome To The New FoEC Website!
FoEC is a not-for-profit volunteer organisation based in Melbourne that focuses on improving the water quality and surroundings of the creek corridor for environmental and recreational purposes.
Edgars creek is significant to the environment and community in many ways. Open space and bushland is a rare thing within 10km of the city providing scarcely found habitat for wildlife and a chance to appreciate our natural flora. Significant to so many people and animals over tens of thousands of years, to improve and rebuild this area is a chance to reconnect with the land and introduce its recreational, cultural and social value to others.
In addition to this new website there are many new and exciting things happening for Edgars Creek and its friends in 2010!
- Walk and talks on bushfoods of the creek and remnant vegetation.
- Significant involvement in community action groups/activities such as Edgars Creek taskforce to protect the impact of any bordering developments on the creek.
- Submission regarding the redevelopment of the former Kodak site
- A brand new custom built trailer (pictures to come)
- A back saver water pump and hose
- Many new members
- Friendly chats and idea swapping over a cuppa down the creek
We hope you join us, this website is a work in progress, any feedback is most welcome.
See you down the creek!
Your FoEC committee